Subject: Turkey Tetrazzini
From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Dec 1996 09:38:11 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

TURKEY TETRAZZINI
from: Good Housekeeping

2 1/2- 3 pounds cooked turkey
3 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock, fresh or canned
medium onion, chopped
1/4 teaspoon pepper
salt
water
16 oz package spaghetti
1/2 cup butter
1/2 pound mushrooms sliced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
paprika
1/2 cup dry sherry(optional)(if not using then add equal amount of broth)
1 cup half and half 
3 oz jar grated Parmesan cheese or fresh grated.

Remove meat from bones and discard bones and skin. Cut Turkey into chunks.
Set aside. After preparing spaghetti as label directs, drain in a
colander. Spread it evenly in a greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Chop onion.
In 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot butter, cook
onion, mushrooms and lemon juice 5 minutes. Remove to bowl. In same
saucepan, melt remaining butter. When hot, stir in flour, 1 tablespoon
salt (note: sugguest you use only 1 teaspoon salt to start.The Turkey and
broth both have salt already) , pepper, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon paprika
until mixture is smooth. Gradually stir in sherry and reserved chicken
broth and cook stirring until liquid is thickened.  Add half and half,
Turkey chunks and mushroom mixture and over low heat, cook,stirring, just
until mixture is heated through. Taste to see if it does need more salt
and pepper. Spoon turkey mixture over spaghetti in baking dish. Sprinkle
with grated Parmesan cheese and add paprika. Bake in 350 degF. oven 30
minutes or until spaghetti and turkey mixture are throughly heated and
surface is golden and bubbly. Serves 8

~~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which
is now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked]; 
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several
days for your submission to appear.