Subject: Tuna Fish Pie
From: Andy Squibb <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Feb 1997 10:06:05 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Tuna Fish Pie

Ingredients (for 4 servings):

50g margarine
25g plain flour
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
300ml milk
100g mature cheddar cheese, grated
2 x 200g can tuna, (drained & flaked)
1 x Tbsp freshly chopped parsley
3 x medium sized, hard boiled eggs
2 x tomatoes
900g potatoes, boiled & mashed

Method:

Grease a deep, 9" diameter pie dish.

Make a thick white sauce by melting 25g margarine in a pan and adding the
flour, salt, pepper and milk.  Add the grated cheese and heat gently,
until it has melted.  To this sauce, add the tuna parsley and roughly
chopped eggs, stirring gently so as not to mash the mixture; then pour
this into the pie dish.  Place slices of tomato on top of the mixture,
topping this with the mashed potato.  Dot with the remaining margarine and
place in a pre-heated oven at 200C for 20-30 minutes, or until golden
brown.  Serve with any vegetables or alternatively mixed side salad, if
preferred. 

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.