Subject: Tortellini with Eggplant
From: Linda Johansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 11:56:09 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Tortellini with Eggplant

1 lb fresh spinach and cheese tortellini
1/4 cup oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red pepper, cut into small squares
1 lb eggplant, cut into small cubes
1 can (14oz) crushed tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil

Cook tortellini.  Drain and return to pan.  While pasta is cooking, heat
oil in a large pan, add garlic and red [pepper and stir over medium heat
for 1 minute.  Add the cubed eggplant and stir gently over medium heat
for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.  Add the undrained tomatoes and
vegetable broth.  Stir and bring to boil.  Reduce heat, cover and cook
for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.  Add the basil and pasta,
mix through.

serves 4

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.