Subject: Tangy Tomato, Leek and Lime Chicken
From: "Rose Knapton" <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 Mar 2000 05:47:07 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Tangy Tomato, Leek and Lime Chicken

This is a recipe which I happened to create one experimental Sunday when I 
had nothing else to do. It is delicious, but it's healthy too being pretty 
low in fat. So one can completely indulge without worrying about piling on 
the pounds.

Serves 2

2 skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 a medium sized leek, washed
2 good handfuls of small cherry tomatoes (sungolds are particularly 
delicious)
1 lime, zest and juice
1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
2 teaspoons of sugar or palm sugar
1/2 tablespoon of low fat creme fraiche
salt and pepper to taste

Place the chicken breasts under a medium grill or in a steamer for 7 - 10  
minutes, or until the meat is cooked right through. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a
saucepan, over a medium heat until quite hot.  Place the whole tomatoes and 
thinly sliced leeks in the pan and stir  continuously, until the skins of the 
tomatoes begin to split and the leeks  begin to wilt. Turn the heat down to 
medium-low, and add the lime zest and juice, vinegar  and sugar to the pan. 
Stir, making sure the liquid does not evaporate too  quickly. Stir in the creme 
fraiche, and let bubble until the sauce is slightly  thick, but still runny. 
Season with salt and pepper, stir, and serve poured  over the cooked chicken 
breasts. I like to serve this with a jacket potato and salad, using some of the 
sauce as a dressing for the salad.  
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.