Subject: Bean Curd with Broccoli
From: [email-masked]
Date: 25 Jul 1999 07:29:55 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Bean Curd with Broccoli

1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
3/4 cup vegetable stock, divided
1 Tbsp. dry sherry
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. sesame oil
1 scallion
4 Tbsp. vegetable oil
2 slices ginger root
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 cups broccoli, florets. and stems
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 lb. medium firm tofu, cubed

Put cornstarch into a cup and slowly add 1/4 cup of the vegetable stock (make 
sure it is room temperature or cooler) and mix well. Add wine, soy sauce and 
sesame oil. Mix well.  Cut scallion into 1 1/2-inch lengths. Heat vegetable oil 
in a wok over medium heat. When hot, put in ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 10 
seconds. Put in scallion and broccoli. Fry for 1 minute. Add 1/2 cup vegetable 
stock and the salt. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over a medium heat for a 
minute, until broccoli is tender-crisp. Remove broccoli with a slotted spoon.  
Turn heat to low and add tofu. Let it heat through. Add cornstarch  mixture. 
Stir very gently. Put broccoli back in wok. Serve as soon as the  sauce is thick
and everything is heated through. 

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.