Subject: Vegetarian 3-Bean Pot
From: [email-masked] (Lennis M McCreary)
Date: 30 Nov 1996 14:53:08 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Vegetarian 3-Bean Pot

4 to 6 mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup chopped onion
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2' chunks
   (also have used zucchini with tomatoes that comes in 15 oz can)
1 can (15 oz) white beans, drained
1 can (15 oz) red beans, drained
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained
1 can (8.25 oz) sliced carrots, well drained
2 cans (14.5 oz) cajun style stewed tomatoes or stewed tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
1/2 teaspoons white pepper

Combine all ingredients in large pot (can use crock pot, and leave
on till hot, several hours) and heat on stove till warm.  Serve
will corn bread.

I have added meats to this also and made one meat dish meal.
Used polish sausage and boil chicken.  Good way to use any
leftover turkey.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.