Subject: Low-Fat Swiss-Style Apple Dessert (high fiber)
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jul 99 18:21:52 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Swiss-Style Apple Dessert (high fiber)

4-6 red baking apples, cored, sliced in thin wedges (leave mostly unpeeled)
1 cup apple juice
Pinch ground anise seeds
Pinch ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups cooked rice (preferably brown Basmati)

Place all ingredients but vanilla and rice in a 3-quart pot. Simmer
uncovered (stir a few times) for about 20 minutes or until apple
wedges are soft. Remove from heat and let stand a few minutes. Stir
in vanilla. Pour over rice and serve.

Makes 4 servings.

Calories.....219.....Fat.....1 g.....Fiber.....3.7 g.

--
Dancer^ co moderator of
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe.cgi/healthy-recipes
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/DiabeticRecipes
http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/AllRecipes