Subject: Swedish Almond Pie
From: [email-masked] (Emma Fernlund)
Date: 3 Jul 1997 07:04:46 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Q: I'm in desperate search for a recipe for Swedish Almond Pie.
Q: It's a relatively flat pie consisting of 3 or 4 thin dough layers, in
Q: between an on top yellow almond cream layers, garnished with almond rasp.
Q: Who can help me?

I have try to look for almond cake/pie in different cookbooks, this is the
normal almond cake in Sweden, I haven't got anything else, please give me
more information about how it should be and I will try to find it. 

I hope you will enjoy it.

/Emma Fernlund

Almond cake/pie
-----

crust:
almond          100gram
sugar           1 1/2 dl
egg whites      4

garnish:
egg yolks       4
sugar           3 tblsp
coffee cream    1 dl
whip cream      1 dl
vanilla         2 tsp
gelatine piece   1
almond rasp      1/2 dl

to the dish:
butter
very fine breadcrumbs

Have butter a dish, 24 cm in diameter, and after bread crumbs. Scald, peel
and grind the almond. Whip the whites to very hard skim and add it to the
almond and sugar. Put it in a dish and bake the cake in the lower part of
the oven at 175'C( appr. 350'F) until the cake get some colour and the
cake come loose from the edge, about 40 minutes. Turn out and let it cold.
Mix yolks, sugar and coffee cream in a saucepan. Simmer it thick while you
stirring it all the time.  Put the gelatine piece in cold water for some
minutes. Squeeze out the water and add it to the warm cream. Stir and let
the cream cold. Whip the whip cream and add it to the cold cream, at last
add the vanilla. Pour it over the cake. Roast the almond in the oven or in
a clean frying-pan until nice gold-yellow colour. Pour it over the cake.
Let the pie stand in a cool place for some hour before serving. 

-- 
-----
Name:   Emma Fernlund
EMail:  [email-masked]

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.