Subject: Swabian Pork Chops
From: "Amanda" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Apr 2000 11:45:21 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Swabian Pork Chops     

6  pieces   bacon
4  pork chops
4  potatoes
1  onion
salt and pepper
2  garlic cloves - minced
1  cup   wine - dry white
parsley - chopped    

Preheat oven to 300 degs F. Cook the bacon in a skillet and drain them on paper 
towels. Brown the chops in the bacon drippings and set them aside. Peel the 
potatoes and thinly slice them. Slice the onion into 1/4 inch thick pieces. 
Arrange half the potatoes in a deep casserole or Dutch oven. Top with half of 
the onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Crumble three of the baron 
strips over the potatoes and onions. Add the pork chops in a single layer. 
Arrange the remaining potatoes and onions on top, and sprinkle with salt and 
pepper. Mix the garlic with the wine, pour it into the casserole, and crumble 
the remaining bacon strips on top. Cover the casserole with a double thickness 
of foil, then with the lid, and bake for 1 1/4 hours. Serve the casserole 
garnished with parsley.

NOTE: The recipe works great in a slow cooker; just follow the
instructions that came with your cooker and set the temp according to
the amount of time needed.
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.