Subject: Swabian Braised Steak
From: "Amanda" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Apr 2000 11:47:28 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

SWABIAN BRAISED STEAK

6 small club steaks, about 1" thick
1/4 pound sweet butter
salt and pepper
3 medium-sized onions, chopped
Cooked Sauerkraut
Spaetzle, sauteed in butter
diced fried bacon
6 or 8 tiny fried Bratwurst or link sausage

Pound steaks lightly, flattening them just a little. Heat butter in a large 
heavy skillet and when bubbling subsides, brown steaks 3 or 4 minutes on each 
side if you like them rare, 5 or 6 minutes for medium to medium well done.  
Remove to a heated platter and fry chopped onions in same butter until golden 
brown.  Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper and top with fried onions.  Arrange
sauerkraut on one side of platter and Spaetzle on the other.  Top the sauerkraut
with a sprinkling of bacon and the sausages.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.