Subject: Summer Corn & Tomato Pasta
From: "Strawberry Girl" <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Aug 1999 12:18:58 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

SUMMER CORN AND TOMATO PASTA

Source: Anne Lindsay's "New Light Cooking"

2 cups cooked fresh or frozen corn kernels
5 medium tomatoes, cut in chunks
1 cup cooked or canned black beans, drained and rinsed (can substitute shrimp or
tuna)
=BD cup finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) or basil
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, or 2 cloves garlic, minced
4 green onions, finely chopped
1 tsp each salt and pepper
8 oz penne (3 cups) or other short pasta
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (5 oz or 150g)

In large bowl, stir together corn, tomatoes, beans, coriander, oil, jalapeno, 
green onions, salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or 
for up to 2 hours.  In large pot of boiling water, cook pasta for 8 minutes or 
until tender but firm; drain and return to pot.  Add tomato mixture; stir over 
medium heat just until heated through. Serve sprinkled with feta. Makes 6 
main-course or 10 side servings.  Make ahead: To serve cold, rinse hot pasta 
under cold water and add to tomato mixture; cover and refrigerate for up to 1 
day. 

Per side serving: 210 calories; 8g protein; 6 g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 13 
mg cholesterol; 34g carbohydrate; 4 g dietary fibre; 448 mg sodium

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.