Subject: Steaming mussels
From: Patt Sheahan <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jun 1997 03:34:00 -0400
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Having had mussels in France, I have steamed mussels quite a few time
since, trying to copy what we had there.  BIG TIP:  Scrub the mussels
thoroughly when you get them home, and also make sure that the shells
are closed in the grocery store.  If they are open, don't take them.

I use:
1 large can of chicken broth
small onion chopped
1-2 tsp. of grated garlic
cup of white wine
pepper

Heat this almost to a boil, then drop your mussels in.  It doesn't take
long for them to open and cook.  The broth off of this is good to eat as
well.  Serve with French bread with a horseradish mustard ... good.

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.