Subject: Steak Tartare
From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 01:00:17 -0800
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Steak Tartare

2 1/2 lbs sirloin steak (this virtually eliminates the chance of obtaining any 
diseases associated with consuming raw ground beef)
4 tbsp. dry red wine 
3 cloves minced garlic 
3/4 tsp. Tabasco sauce 
2 tsp. dry mustard 
1 tsp. Salt 
1 tsp. season salt 
1 tsp. curry powder 

Chop sirloin into cubes.  Place in food processor and chop/puree until
meat is the consistency of ground beef.  Mix with remaining ingredients; 
refrigerate for 2 hours. Serving Suggestions Mound on a pretty plate and
decorate the top with well-drained capers. Serve with thinly sliced rye or
party rye. Chop fine hard-boiled eggs and red onions. Put in bowls
alongside. 

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.