Subject: Collection (2) Squash Patties
From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Jan 2000 06:55:31 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Margie's Squash Patties

3 medium sized squash
onion
1/4 cup sugar
1-2 eggs 
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup flour
olive oil or butter

Grate about 3 medium sized squash.  Grate (or chop) one onion.  Add about 1/4 
cup sugar, 1-2 eggs (should be pancake batter consistency); salt and pepper to 
taste; and add 1/2 cup flour to start with.  After you mix it a little, you 
may need to add more flour.  Fry them  (about 1/4 cup of batter) in 1 Tbsp 
olive oil/1 Tbsp butter until brown.  (and you'll probably need more of each 
as you continue frying).  Drain on paper towels and serve. (I freeze them and 
make up about a dozen squash worth each time.  After the first batch is done, 
i taste them, and then adjust the flour, salt and pepper as needed)

Mac Mac's Squash Casserole (Tillie)

1/4 cup water
2 lbs. yellow squash, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp melted butter, divided
3 Tbsp flour
2 eggs. slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 lb. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
4 Tbsp plain bread crumbs

In saucepan, bring water, squash, onion and salt to boil.  Cover and simmer 
until squash is tender (20 min).  Drain and mash.   Mix in pepper, 1 Tbsp 
butter, flour,, eggs and milk.  Set aside 3 Tbsp cheese and put rest in 
squash.  Pour into buttered dish.  Bake 350F, about 30 min.   Mix 2 Tbsp 
butter with bread crumbs.  Sprinkle over casserole and then sprinkle rest of 
cheese, and bake 5-10 min.  Will serve 8.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.