Subject: Spinach and Potato Curry
From: "saundra" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Sep 1997 21:52:33 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

-From: [email-masked]
I need a potato curry recipe in which you pop mustard seeds in oil.

The following recipe includes spinach, but maybe it would be close to what
you are needing, or you could increase the potatoes and delete the spinach.

Tara's Spinach (Spinach and Potato Curry)

1-2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon black mustard seed (may substitute brown)
1/2 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach

Heat oil in wok or heavy skillet. Add mustard seed and stir until they pop.
Add onion, garlic, and cayenne. Cook 5 min., stirring over medium hear. Add
potatoes, and stir-fry 2-3 min. Add spinach. Cover tightly and cook for 20
min., stirring occasionally. Dry out if needed by cooking a short time
uncovered.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.