Subject: Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna
From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Apr 1999 06:38:55 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                       Spinach and Ricotta Lasagna

Recipe By     : Working Mom's Fast & Easy One-Pot Cooking-Jeanne Besser
Serving Size  : 4    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Lasagna                          Pasta
                Vegetarian

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      container     {15 oz.}  ricotta cheese
   3      cups          coarsely chopped spinach leaves
   1      cup           finely chopped fresh basil
   1      teaspoon      red pepper flakes -- optional
   4      cups          prepared pasta sauce
   1      cup           water
     1/2  pound         lasagna noodles -- uncooked
   1      pound         Mozzarella cheese -- shredded
   1 1/2  cups          grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, spinach,
basil, and red pepper  flakes. In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, mix 1 cup of the
pasta sauce and 1/2 cup  of the water and spread over the bottom of the pan. 
Cover the bottom of the pan with some of the lasagna noodles. You will  need to 
overlap or break some noodles to cover the bottom completely. Top with half of 
the ricotta mixture, 1 cup of the pasta sauce, and half  of the Mozzarella 
cheese. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cover the cheese with 
another layer of noodles. Top with the remaining  ricotta mixture, 2 cups of the
pasta sauce, and 1/2 cup water. Top with the remaining Mozzarella and Parmesan 
cheeses. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Check to makes sure 
the  sides are not drying out. If necessary, pour a few tablespoons of water or 
sauce into the corners. Uncover and bake for 15 to 25 minutes, or until the 
lasagna is heated  through and the cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 5 to 10 
minutes before  serving.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Summer   : )

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted on Mondays.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.