Subject: Spinach & Pasta Bake
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Feb 2000 13:21:10 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Diabetic, Low-Fat Spinach & Pasta Bake
From; BH Center

1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese
2 tsp. parsley flakes
4 oz. low-fat mozzarella cheese
3 cups reduced calorie tomato sauce
5 cups pasta noodles (rotini, rigatoni, mostacolli)
1 cup raw spinach

Cook noodles until slightly under done. In a small bowl mix ricotta cheese,
Parmesan cheese and parsley flakes. In an oven safe dish layer pasta,
cheese, spinach and sauce until all ingredients are used. Save a small
amount of mozzarella cheese to sprinkle on the top. Layer ingredients 2 to 3
times depending on the size of the dish. Top with mozzarella cheese. Bake at
375 for 35 to 40 minutes.
Makes 8 one cup servings.
Calories  126  Fat  2 g  Carbs  18 g  Sodium  291 mg  Fiber  1.2 g.
Diabetic Exchange: 1 meat (medium) + 1 carbohydrate.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.