Subject: Spicy Meats and Rice or Couscous
From: Robert Sutton <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Feb 1999 05:46:30 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Spicy Meats and Rice or Couscous

2 lb bite sized meat portions
3 Tbsp salt and pepper
2 Tbsp oil oil
1 onion of med. size, chopped
3 cloves of garlic peeled and minced
1 1/2 cup long grain rice or Basmati rice
1 cup chopped canned  whole tomatoes and 1/2 cup tomato liquid
1/2 cup white wine
2 cup water

First cut filet meat into bite sized pieces and rinse thoroughly.  Dry
with toweling and reserve Mix equal parts of salt and freshly ground
pepper either white or black and season the meat pieces, well.  Heat up
the oil in the bottom of a Dutch oven and cook the meat therein until
brown, say 12 minutes or so.  Remove the meat, lower the heat and then
saute the onion 3-4 min until it softens, stirring often add the minced
garlic and cover 1 min.  Add the remaining ingredients and then return the
meat to the pot.  Bring to the boil and cover, lower heat for a simmer for
15 min, stirring occasionally, cover and cook for an additional 15 min
until the rice is done. 

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted on Mondays.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.