Subject: Spanish Rice
From: Country Gourmet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 14:55:16 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Spanish Rice 
Serves 4 

1 cup long grain white rice 
1 tbs. vegetable oil 
1/2 medium onion, chopped 
1 chicken bouillon cube 
1/2 tsp. salt 
1 small can (5.5 fluid oz.) tomato juice (not sauce) 
Water 

Place 1 tbs. oil in saucepan along with the rice and chopped onion. 
Saute until rice is lightly toasted and onion softened.  Add chicken 
bouillon cube and break up with fork or spoon, then add salt if desired. 
Pour the small can of tomato juice into a two cup measuring cup and 
fill to the two cup mark with water.  Pour the two cups of liquid into 
the pan with the rice mixture, cover and turn the heat down to low. 
Let cook on low for 20 minutes.  When done, fluff with fork.  Garnish 
with fresh chopped tomato, cilantro, and avocado if desired. 
 
Vicki

Oseland's Country Gourmet - http://www.countrygourmet.com
Gourmet foods, gift baskets, cookie molds and stamps, and more.
mailto:[email-masked]

rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes are accepted for
posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" file first.  Articles go to
[email-masked]; administrative questions go to [email-masked].
Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.