Subject: Spaghetti Pie (4) Collection
From: "Anita Bautsch" <[email-masked]>
Date: 1 Mar 2000 07:56:27 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Spaghetti Pie
Spaghetti Pie
Spaghetti Pie
Spaghetti Pie

Spaghetti Pie

 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
7 oz. thin spaghetti
1 cup (1/2 lb.) cottage cheese
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 tsp. minced green pepper
2 tbsp. melted butter
Mozzarella cheese

 Cook spaghetti.  Brown ground beef and drain.  To beef, add tomato sauce
and salt and pepper to taste.  Combine the rest of ingredients (except
butter) together in large bowl.  In 2-quart buttered casserole, place half
of spaghetti, cover with cheese mixture and place other half of spaghetti
on top.  Evenly pour melted butter over the top.  Spread beef mixture over
top.  Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.  Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. 
Uncover and continue to bake for 15 minutes.  Place shredded Mozzarella
cheese on top.  Serve.  8 servings.  Calories 565, fat 34.9 gm, calories
from fat 56%, sodium 898 mg.  Emergency Services

Spaghetti Pie 

 6 oz. spaghetti, cooked and drained
2 tbsp. oleo
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup cottage cheese or sour cream
1 lb. ground meat, browned and drained
1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup onions, chopped
15 oz. jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded

 Mix cooked spaghetti, oleo, and Parmesan cheese together.  Pat into
10-inch buttered pie dish (glass) or flat casserole.  Cover with cottage
cheese.  Combine over ingredients and pour over spaghetti.  Top off with
Mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  Let stand 5
minutes before serving. 

Spaghetti Pie 

 6 oz. spaghetti
2 tbsp. butter or margarine
2 beaten eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cream style cottage cheese
1 lb. ground beef or bulk pork sausage
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 (7 1/2 oz.) can tomatoes, cut up
1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
1 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese

 In saucepan cook spaghetti in a large amount of boiling salted water for
10 to 12 minutes or just until tender; drain (should have about 3 cups). 
Stir butter or margarine into hot spaghetti; stir in beaten eggs and
Parmesan cheese.  Form spaghetti mixture into a "crust" in a greased 10
inch pie plate.  Spread with cottage cheese.  In skillet cook ground beef
or sausage, onion and green pepper until meat is browned and vegetables
are tender.  Drain off fat.  Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato paste,
sugar, oregano, and garlic salt; heat through.  Turn meat mixture into
spaghetti crust.  Cover edges with foil.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 20
minutes.  Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese, bake about 5 minutes more or
until cheese is melted.  Makes 6 servings. 

Spaghetti Pie

 6 oz. vermicelli (spaghetti)
1/3 cup grated cheese
1/2 lb. hamburger
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tbsp. margarine
2 eggs, beaten well
1/2 lb. Italian sausage
1 cup ricotta or cream cheese

  Cook vermicelli, add margarine, grated cheese and beaten eggs.  Put in
10 inch greased pie pan and make a crust.  Fry beef, sausage and onions. 
Put ricotta on top of crust and meat on top of ricotta.  Put spaghetti
sauce on top of meat.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle
mozzarella cheese on top and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese melts. 
Let stand for a few minutes.  Serve as pie wedges. 

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.