Subject: Smoker Honey-Glazed Breast of Turkey
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:16:30 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, Charles Sansenbach said this
about that:

> I have a Brinckman charcoal smoker. I have smoked many whole turkeys
> successfully, and want to smoke a breast only. Does anyone have a
> recipe ( time and temp ). I usually smoke a 12-14 pound turkey for
> about 7 hours and the result is perfect. I assume that 3-4 hours
> will be about right for a breast. Any advice?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: SMOKER HONEY-GLAZED BREAST OF TURKEY
 Categories: Turkey, Smoker
      Yield: 8 servings

      1    Turkey breast, bone-in
    1/2 c  Honey
    1/4 c  Sherry, dry
      1 T  Butter
    1/2    Lemon; juiced
    1/2 ts Salt
      1 ds Liquid Smoke; (opt)

  Rinse turkey breast and pat dry.  Heat honey, sherry and butter in a
  saucepan.  Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and salt (and the few
  drops of Liquid Smoke).  Pour honey mixture (we recommend you cool the
  mixture thoroughly first) over turkey breast and let stand, covered,
  in refrigerator for 3 to 5 hours (we think overnight is much better,
  several days is okay, too, turning at least twice a day). Place
  turkey breast on smoker grid and baste.  Baste once again when almost
  done. See below for times:

  Charcoal Smoker:  Use 7 pounds charcoal, 4 quarts hot water (we make
  a portion of this white wine, and put in an onion, a few celery
  stalks, a lemon cut in half, a few cloves of garlic and a couple bay
  leaves), 2 wood sticks (we use about 4 to 6 hickory blocks, soaked
  for at least an hour in water), and smoke 3 to 4 hours.  (Stop about
  1/2 hour early if you plan to reheat at a later time in the oven; we
  don't usually do this, but rather pour hot gravy over the sliced
  turkey if we want it warm.)

  Electric Smoker:  Use 4 quarts hot water (see recommendations for
  charcoal smoker for our suggestions), 2 wood sticks (ditto) and smoke
  2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.