Subject: Smoked Fish Pate
From: [email-masked]
Date: 8 Nov 1996 10:16:35 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This recipe was originally from the Boston Globe Magazine.  It is the easiest
"gourmet" appetizer I've ever made--I made it several times over the holidays
last year (it only takes a few minutes)--and got rave reviews every time.

Smoked bluefish is easy to get year-round here in Boston, but you might have
to search a little harder in other parts of the country.

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Smoked Fish Pate

Recipe By: Claudia
Serving Size: 8
Preparation Time: 0:10
Categories: Appetizers - Cold 

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
8 ounces light cream cheese 
1/2 pound bluefish smoked
1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard 
1 1/2 teaspoons horseradish 

Break up smoked fish with fingers, put in bowl of food processor along with
cream cheese.  Use on-off setting to mix until smooth.  Scrape sides of
container and add mustard and horseradish.  Mix again.  Taste for seasoning
and add more mustard or horseradish as needed.  Pack mixture tightly into a
crock or serving bowl.  Cover tightly and refrigerate for several hours or
overnight.

Serve with crackers.  Keeps for up to a week.
 ----- 
Notes: Not-too-fishy, but fishy enough.
 
Serving Ideas: Substitute smoked tuna for the bluefish, if desired.

~~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which
is now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked]; 
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several
days for your submission to appear.