Subject: Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms
From: "Karl E. Moser (KE3NF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 1999 06:23:42 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms

 1 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak 
 1 pound  portabella mushrooms 
 3/4 pound cremini mushrooms 
 2 cloves of garlic minced
 3 large shallots 
 1/4 cup butter 
 2 scallions (green tops only) 
 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar 
 4 tablespoon soy sauce 
 3 tablespoon sugar 

 Cut steak into 4 equal pieces. Season with salt and  pepper. Combine 2
shallots, garlic,  1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon sugar and 1
tablespoon soy sauce in a  resealable bag. Mix well. Add steaks and let
sit for 2  hours or more. Cut portabella mushrooms in half then  cut
mushrooms (portabella and cremini) into 1/4 inch  slices. Chop shallots
and cut scallion tops into 1/2  pieces. In a skillet melt 1/2 of the
butter and add 1/2  of the shallots. Heat over medium for 1 minute. Add 
portabellas and season with salt and pepper. Simmer  for 15 minutes and
transfer to a bowl and keep warm.  Repeat process with the cremini
mushrooms except  reduce the cooking time to 10 minutes. Add portabella
pieces and keep warm. In a small bowl mix 2  tablespoons of sugar, 3
tablespoons of soy sauce and
1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar. Add to mushrooms and  boil for 3 minutes or
until the liquid is slightly reduced. Add scallions. Preheat grill.
Remove steaks  from bag and dispose of marinade. Grill steaks until 
done, about 6-7 minutes per side. Remove from grill  and cut into strips
cross grain. Serve with mushrooms. 

-- 

Bon Appetit..    Karl(KE3NF)
Karls Eatery  [ICQ # 16639454]
http://24.3.49.34  or  http2//Karls_Eatery.com
Http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/machievelli/97

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.