Subject: Sinatra's Sausage and Peppers
From: David and Susan Ratcliff <[email-masked]>
Date: 14 Jul 1997 05:30:34 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

FRANK SINATRA'S SAUSAGE and PEPPERS
from Dinah Shore's "Someone's in the Kitchen with Dinah"

1 lb. hot Italian sausages        
3 Tbsp  olive oil
3 green peppers                  
3/4 cup  red wine
Salt and Pepper (optional)

Remove stems and seeds from peppers and cut into large chunks.  In 
ovenproof baking dish that can be used on the top of the stove, saute
green peppers in oil until they begin to soften.  Sprinkle with a little
salt.  Lift the green peppers out of the dish and set aside.  Brown the
sausages in the same baking dish.  When browned, add 3/4 cup red wine. 
Cover the pan with foil and bake the sausages in wine in a 350 degree
oven for 40 minutes.  (Ovens vary, so cook until the sausage is no
longer pink.)  Uncover and add the sauteed green peppers.  Bake for an
additional 30 minutes and serve in same baking dish. Serves 4.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.