Subject: Country Chicken Sausage
From: "Karl E. Moser (KE3NF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: 16 Feb 1999 03:18:44 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Country Chicken Sausage 

2 feet small casings 
2 pounds chicken meat 
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp black pepper 
1/2 tsp ground sage 
1/2 tsp ground thyme 
1/2 tsp ground ginger 
1/2 tsp summer savory 
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper 

Gather all the utensils, wash them thourouly and wash the work area, and
your hands. If you get called away, wash them again when you
get back.Prepare the casing as explained above. If you are using a food
processor. process the meat to a very fine dice and mix in the
seasonings after the entire batch of meat has been processed. If you are
using an electric grinder with a sausage attachment, sprinkle
the seasonings over the meat and mix with your hands before grinding
since the grinding and stuffing will be one operation. If you are
using a hand grinder, put the meat through the fine disk (1/4 inch or
smaller)twice. Mix in the seasonings between the first and second
grindings.
Sausage tastes better if it has a chance to allow the spices to
incorporate throughout the meat. Weather you made sausage in casings or
not, refrigerate at least a couple hours. Fresh sausage will keep ok in
the fridge for a couple days. Otherwise wrap and freeze it.
Cooking fresh sausage should be thorough and slowly. Never eat pork that
has not been completely cooked!

Bon Appetit..    Karl(KE3NF)
Karls Eatery  [ICQ # 16639454]
http://24.3.49.34  or  http2//Karls_Eatery.com
Http://www.fortunecity.com/littleitaly/machievelli/97

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.