Subject: Santa Fe Steak with Warm Garden Salsa
From: "Greg Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 7 Oct 1997 00:16:47 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Santa Fe Steak with Warm Garden Salsa

2 well trimmed beef ribeye steaks cut 1 inch thick appx. 1.5 lbs
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Salsa:
1/2 cup purple onions, diced
1/4 bell peppers, diced
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
2 jalapeno peepers, seeded and minced
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt

Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder; rub into steaks. Set aside while
preparing salsa.  Wash and prepare all vegetables as described; add salt
and lime juice.  Toss and set aside while preparing steaks.  Use a large
nonstick skillet; heat until hot over medium high heat.  Place beef steaks
in skillet; cook for 12 to 15 minutes over medium heat, for medium rare to
medium doneness, turning once.  Place steaks on serving dish. Wipe skillet
clean with paper towel.  Return to heat;  add salsa and heat 30 seconds to
1 minute. Spoon over steaks. 

Makes 2-4 servings.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.