Subject: Provencale Sandwiches
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 31 Jan 2000 06:08:34 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Provencale Sandwiches

1 teaspoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced (preferably Kalamata)
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
7 fresh spinach leaves
2 French rolls
1 lowfat mozzarella cheese, sliced thinly
1 plum tomato, large, sliced lengthwise

Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion and Italian seasoning. Cook
and stir 2 minutes. Add water. Reduce to low, cover and cook 5 minutes until
onion is tender. Remove from heat, stir in olives and Parmesan. Arrange 2 to
3 spinach leaves on bottom half of each roll. Spoon half the onion mixture
onto each, top with cheese slices and tomato slices. Top with spinach leaves
and top half of roll. Wrap tightly and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Makes 2 servings.
Calories   264   Fat   8 g   Carbs   36 g   Sodium   619mg   Fiber   3 g.
--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.