Subject: Salmon Patties with Hollandaise Sauce
From: [email-masked]
Date: 5 Feb 1997 11:02:19 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

SALMON PATTIES WITH HOLLANDAISE SAUCE
source:Good Housekeeping
3 eggs
16 oz can salmon, drained
2 1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs (about 5 slices)
2/3 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup chopped green onions
3 tablespoons salad oil
3 English muffins, split and toasted
1 1/2 cups Hollandaise Sauce(recipe follows)

In a large bowl with fork, beat eggs slightly. Add salmon, crumbs,celery
and green onions and mix well. Shape mixture firmly into 6 patties. In 12
inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, fry patties, turning once, 10
minutes until browned. Top each muffin with a pattie. Spoon on sauce.
Hollandaise sauce
3 rgg yolks
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon salt

add egg yolks and lemon juice to double boiler top. with wire whisk or
slotted spoon, beat until well mixed. Place double-boiler top over bottom
containing hot, not boiling , water. Add one third of the butter to the
egg yolk mixture and cook, beating constantly, until the butter is
completely melted. Add another third of butter, beating constantly, repeat
with remaining third, beating until mixture thickens and is heated
through. Remove from heat;stir in salt. Keep warm. Serve hot on Salmon
Patties

Lei Gui
Bronx,NY
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article. 
Recipes/requests go to [email-masked]; questions/comments go to
[email-masked].  Please allow several days for your submission to
appear. 
Path: swen.emba.uvm.edu!news.cs.utah.edu!dog.ee.lbl.gov!agate!howland.erols.net!rill.news.pipex.net!pipex!dispatch.news.demon.net!demon!mail2news.demon.co.uk!alexr.co.uk!not-for-mail
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes
Subject: COLLECTION (2) Salmon Patties
Followup-To: poster
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 20:16:55 GMT
Sender: Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>
Approved: Mark Alexander <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
X-Mail2News-User: [email-masked]
X-Mail2News-Path: redtape.lewisham.gov.uk!alexr.idiscover.co.uk
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Lines: 89

In article <[email-masked]>, David said this about that:

> I was wondering if anyone has a great recipe for salmon patties, preferably
> to BBQ. Many Thanks

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: SALMON PATTIES
 Categories: Fish
      Yield: 3 Servings

  1 1/2 c  Salmon, minced canned
    1/4 c  Cracker crumbs
    1/4 ts Salt
      2    Egg; unbeaten
      1    Egg; slightly beaten
           Cracker crumbs

MMMMM---------------------------SAUCE--------------------------------
      2 c  Bechamel sauce
      1 c  Peas; cooked

  Combine the salmon, cracker crumbs, salt and unbeaten eggs and mix
  well. Shape into six uniform patties. Dip in the beaten egg, and roll
  in cracker crumbs. Saute the patties in butter until golden brown,
  and well heated. Serve with Worcestershire sauce, Tartar sauce or
  your favorite sauce.

  For variety: Add peas to Bechamel sauce or cheese sauce, season to
  suit taste, and pour over patties.  Use proportions above.

                                    per Bobbie Beers

MMMMM

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: SALMON PATTIES WITH CAPER SAUCE
 Categories: Fish
      Yield: 6 Servings

MMMMM------------------------CAPER SAUCE-----------------------------
    1/2 c  Mayonnaise
      1 T  Lemon juice
      1 T  Parsley; minced
      1 T  Capers; minced

MMMMM-----------------------SALMON PATTIES----------------------------
      2 sl White bread
     21 oz Salmon, canned; drained
      1 lg Egg
      3    Scallion; chopped
    1/4 c  Milk
      2 T  Dijon mustard
      2 ts Worcestershire sauce
    1/4 ts Hot pepper sauce
    1/4 ts Salt
    1/2 c  Dried bread crumbs
      2 T  Butter/margarine
      2 T  Oil

  About 30 minutes before serving:

  In small bowl, stir together first 4 ingredients until blended; set
  aside.

  Into large bowl, tear bread sliced into small pieces; add salmon, egg,
  green onions, milk, mustard, Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce and
  salt; mix lightly until blended, leaving salmon in large chunks.
  Shape salmon mixture into 6 1/2-inch thick round patties.  On waxed
  paper, place bread crumbs. Carefully dip patties, one at a time, into
  crumbs, turning to coat both sides.

  In 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot butter/margarine and
  salad oil, cook patties 5-10 minutes until browned on both sides and
  heated through. Serve patties with caper sauce.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.