Subject: Salmon Croquettes
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:16:42 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, Chuch and Mandy Matthews said
this about that:

> I'm looking for a good recipe for salmon croquettes.  Thanks.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: SALMON CROQUETTES
 Categories: Fish
      Yield: 12 croquettes

      7 oz Salmon, canned
      1 ts Curry powder
      1 sm Onion
      1 T  Parsley; chopped
      2 ts Lemon juice
      2    Egg; for glazing
           Bread crumbs, dry
           Oil; for deep-frying

MMMMM------------------------WHITE SAUCE-----------------------------
      3 oz Butter
    3/4 c  Flour
      2 c  Milk
           Salt & pepper; to taste

  Melt butter over low heat; remove from heat, and stir in the flour,
  working until smooth. Return to the heat, cook a few minutes, remove
  from the heat, and gradually stir in the milk. Return to the heat, and
  stir until boiling. Reduce the heat, and simmer further three minutes,
  and season with salt and pepper.

  Drain the salmon, and remove the bones and flake; peel the onion, and
  chop it finely. Add salmon, curry powder, onion, parsley, and lemon
  juice to the sauce, and mix thoroughly. Spread the mixture on a
  shallow tray, and refrigerate until firm. Mold the mixture into
  croquette shapes 1"x 2". Dip in beaten eggs, and press bread crumbs on
  firmly. Refrigerate one hour.  Fry in deep oil at 350 F. until golden;
  drain on paper towels.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.