Subject: Salade de Carottes et Pommes de Terre (Boiled Carrot and Potato Salad)
From: [email-masked] (Sergio Cardoso)
Date: 26 Jun 1997 21:25:55 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Salade de Carottes et Pommes de Terre (Boiled Carrot and Potato Salad)

Serves 6

This North African salad is usually made with carrots alone, but the
mixture with potatoes is particularly good. It has long been a
favorite in my family.

3/4 lb (350 g) carrots
3/4 lb (350 g) potatoes
Salt
Juice of 1/2 lemon or more
4-5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
Pinch of cayenne
3 garlic cloves, crushed in a press or finely chopped

Trim and scrape or peel the carrots. Peel the potatoes. Cut both into
large pieces and boil in slightly salted water for about 20 minutes,
or until they are very tender. Drain, then cut up the vegetables, and
mash them with a fork or potato masher. Beat the lemon juice and olive
oil with salt, cumin, paprika, cayenne, and garlic and mix well with
the carrots and potatoes.

Sergio Miguel Cardoso - Senior Medical Student
Faculty of Medicine, University of Lisbon, Portugal
E-mail: [email-masked]
Tel/Fax: ++(3511)4573677

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.