Subject: Roll Over Cabbage
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Feb 2000 07:44:44 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Roll Over Cabbage

4 cups finely shredded cabbage, firmly packed
1/2 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place grated cabbage on bottom of lightly greased casserole dish. Spread
rice over top. Use a fork to allow rice to mix in with cabbage. Sprinkle
salt and pepper over rice.
Carefully pour water over rice and cabbage. Cover and bake for 1 hour or
until rice is cooked and cabbage is tender. Remove from oven. If it appears
too dry, add a little boiling water - it will absorb.
In a small frying pan, heat butter over medium heat and saute onion until
golden. Sprinkle onions and butter over cabbage and blend. Serve
immediately.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.