Subject: Roast Chicken with Pesto and Potatoes
From: [email-masked]
Date: 14 Jun 2000 04:56:21 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

* Exported from MasterCook *

                  Roast Chicken with Pesto and Potatoes

Recipe By     :Bon Appitit - April 2000
Serving Size  : 4     Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Chicken                         Main Dish
                Potatoes

  Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  7             ounces  purchased pesto -- (about 1 cup)
  4       large cloves  garlic -- finely chopped
  1            6-pound  roasting chicken
  2             pounds  medium-size red-skinned potatoes -- quartered
  1                cup  canned low-sodium chicken broth

Preheat oven to 400:F. Stir pesto and garlic in medium bowl to blend. 
Transfer 1 tablespoon pesto mixture to small bowl and reserve for sauce.
Spread 1/4 cup pesto mixture over outside and 1 tablespoon inside main cavity 
of chicken. Place potatoes in large roasting pan and toss with remaining 
pesto mixture. Push potatoes to sides of pan; place chicken in center. 
Sprinkle chicken and potatoes with salt and pepper. Roast until thermometer 
inserted into thickest part of chicken thigh registers 180:F and potatoes are 
brown and tender, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
Transfer chicken and potatoes to platter. Add broth and reserved 1 tablespoon 
pesto to roasting pan. Place pan over heat; bring broth to boil, scraping up 
browned bits. Season sauce with salt and pepper. Serve chicken and potatoes 
with sauce. 

                                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.