Subject: Rice Pudding
From: [email-masked] (Andy Rice)
Date: 18 May 1997 21:21:43 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

This is a GREAT recipe.  Always moist and never "cake-like."  My
family loves it.

Rice Pudding

1 cup raw rice
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 stick butter (not margarine)
2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
3 eggs
3 cups milk (slightly more for a more moist pudding)
Raising (as many as you like, I use about 1 1/2 cups)
Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Cook rice according to package
directions.  Mix all ingredients together and place in a baking dish
(a smaller, deeper dish is better than a larger shallow one).
Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake until firm and light brown, about 1 to
1 1/2 hours.  Serve slightly warm.

Andy Rice    [email-masked]
Visit one or more of these sites: http://www.halifax.com/~andyr
http://www.benatar.com  http://www.cmcinternational.com/benatar
http://www2.southwind.net/~jcross/benatar

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.