Subject: RJ's Rice Pudding
From: "Bob Ross" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Jan 2000 12:08:01 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

> From: naomi olandese <[email-masked]>
> Does anyone out there have a recipe for rice pudding?
> Simplicity is key! Thanks-

RJ's Rice Pudding

2 cups long grain rice
4 cups water
1 cup raisins
4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
3 eggs - separated
2 Tbsp corn starch
1 Tbsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
cinnamon

Combine the raisins and rice and place in a strainer.  Wash the raisin and
rice mixture under hot tap water.
In a pot with a tight fitting lid, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.  Add raw
rice and raisins and stir.  Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in another pot combine the milk, sugar, egg yolks and corn
starch.  Heat over medium high heat stirring mixture constantly to avoid
burning until the mixture thickens to the consistency of thick cream.
Remove from heat, stir in the nutmeg and vanilla.
In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they are stiff enough for form
peaks.  Then slowly whisk in the thickened milk mixture.
When the rice and raisin mixture is cooked, stir into the creamy custard
mixture.  At this point, you can dish up the pudding in serving dishes and
sprinkle lightly with cinnamon or, you can bake the pudding mixture in a
350F oven for about 45 minutes and then serve sprinkled lightly with
cinnamon.

Emm Good!

R.J.(Bob) Ross
Calgary, Alberta, CANADA
Internet:  [email-masked]
Freeware Cookbook: http://www.cadvision.com/bobross

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.