Subject: Rainbow Risotto
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Oct 1999 06:14:23 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

RAINBOW RISOTTO

Great vegetarian meal!!

>From "Imaginative Ways with Rice and Pulses"

1 Tbsp.         Vegetable oil
1/2 oz.    Butter
1     Onion, chopped
1/2 tsp.   Turmeric, ground 
2 cup     Rice
4 cup     Vegetable stock (I use Knorr's Vegetable Soup - works fine)
1     Small butternut pumpkin or marrow, seeded & chopped
4 oz.      Fresh or frozen peas
1     Small red pepper, chopped
2     Zucchini, chopped
      Some freshly ground black pepper for taste

Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan, add onion and turmeric and 
cook for 2-3 minutes.  Stir in rice and stock (if using Knorr's pour in 
the entire soup, the vegetables add flavor and color), bring to boil, 
then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender 
and most of the liquid is absorbed.
Boil, steam or microwave pumpkin and peas, separately, until tender.  
Drain and add to rice mixture with red pepper zucchini.  Cook for 4-5 
minutes longer or until heated through.  Season to taste with black 
pepper and serve immediately.

Variations:

Use any vegetables you have and don't be limited by the vegetables in 
this recipe.  Choose vegetables in season and those your family enjoy most!!

http://www.simpleinternet.com/recipes/
International Recipes OnLine
On-Line Culinary Discussion at Food.Chat:
http://www.simpleinternet.com/foodchat/

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ  posted each week  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.