Subject: Good Rabbit (5) Collection
From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 May 2000 16:41:19 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Roast Rabbit
Broiled Rabbit
Fried Rabbit
Rabbit Salmi
Rabbit en Casserole

Roast Rabbit:

1 rabbit
your choice of stuffing
salt and pepper
beef-dripping or other fat

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.  After skinning, wipe the rabbit dry, fill with 
stuffing and truss.   Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Roast for 15 
minutes.  Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.   Roast for 45-60 minutes depending 
on sze of rabbit (45 for small).  Baste with beef drippings or other fat, such 
as butter or shortening,  every 15-20 minutes.

Broiled Rabbit:

1 Rabbit
salt and pepper
Butter

Skin and clean rabbit, wipe dry, split down the back and pound flat.   Wrap in 
oiled wax paper.  Place on a greased pan in the broiler  and turn often until 
juices run clear.  Remove paper and serve on a  hot platter seasoned with salt, 
pepper and butter, turning over and  over until it takes up the fat.

Rabbit Salmi

1 Rabbit
1 slice onion
1 stalk celery
1 bay leaf
2 Tbsp oil
2 Tbsp butter or crisco
2 Tbsp flour
2 cup water
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp capers
chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Clean and dress rabbit.  Place in a baking pan.  
Add onion, celery  cut fine and bay leaf.  Brush rabbit with oil, then bake for 
30  minutes.  Lift the meat from the pan, add butter or crisco and the flour and
stir until a rich brown color.  Add hot water, stir well.  When  smooth, add 
salt, worcestershire sauce  and capers.  Lower oven to 350 degrees.  Lay meat 
back in pan, cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.  Dish the rabbit, strain the 
sauce over the meat and sprinkle with  chopped parsley.

Rabbit en Casserole:

1 Rabbit
3 Tbsp butter
4 Tbsp flour
2 cup hot water
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
garlic, if desired

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Rub a skillet with garlic, if desired.  Dress and 
cut up rabbit and  cook in butter in the skillet until brown.  Remove rabbit 
from skillet  and stir the flour into the remaining juices;  add hot waterm salt
and pepper.  Let come to a boil, stirring constantly.    Place rabbit in a 
baking dish, pour gravy over it, cover with foil.  Bake for 35-45 minutes or 
until meat is tender. 

~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted each week.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.