Subject: Quiche Florentine with Chicken
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 19:36:51 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, Linda Valencia said this about
that:

> I am looking for a chicken and spinach quiche.
> It was made with a can of chicken (small) and frozen chopped spinach and
> had eggs, swiss cheese, mushrooms, etc.....does this sound familiar to
> anyone?

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: QUICHE FLORENTINE WITH CHICKEN
 Categories: Pies, Eggs
      Yield: 6 Servings

      1 lb Chicken, boned
      6    Eggs
      2 pk Spinach, frozen; thawed
      1 lb Mozzarella or Gruyére
    2/3 c  Ricotta
    1/2 ts Salt
    1/8 ts Pepper
    1/8 ts Garlic powder
           Pastry for two crust pie
      1 T  ;Water

  Preheat the oven to 350 F.  Reserve one egg yolk, and combine the
  rest of the eggs with the chicken, spinach, Mozzarella, Ricotta,
  salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place the unbaked crust in a deep pie
  pan.  Add the filling. Place the second crust on top.  Trim the edges
  and fold under. Slit the top.  Combine the egg yolk with water. Brush
  the top of the pie. Bake 75 minutes.  Let stand ten minutes. Serve
  hot or cold.

                              per Barbara Zack

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.