Subject: Pumpkin Fudge
From: [email-masked] (Jason Bailes)
Date: 9 Apr 1997 08:50:31 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

PUMPKIN FUDGE

1 cup milk
3 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly-packed pumpkin (canned is fine)
3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
good pinch salt
pinch of allspice
powdered cloves
cinnamon
hint of anise if you like
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsalted butter
if you like 1/2 cup finely-chopped nuts.

In big saucepan mix milk, sugar, pumpkin, corn syrup, salt, turn up heat,
bring mixture to bubbly boil, stirring constantly. Turn heat to medium, go
on boiling mixture until small bit forms a soft ball when dropped into cold
water.

Remove pan from heat, stir in spices, vanilla, butter and nuts if you are
adding nuts. Let cool to lukewarm then beat mixture till it becomes very
thick and loses some of its shine. Pour into buttered 8-inch square pan.
When firm, cut into squares. Some like to omit nuts, sprinkle
finely-chopped crystallized ginger over fudge or like to place a small piece
of candied orange peel on top of each piece of the candy before it cools.

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.