Subject: Potato Pancakes
From: NYCountry <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Apr 1999 05:26:36 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Potato Pancakes

6 medium-sized red potatoes
1/2 small onion
1 egg
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp corn oil
Pinch salt
Sour Cream or Applesauce

Peel and grate potatoes, using a large hand grater.   Grate the onion.
Beat egg with 2 tablespoons of corn oil and salt.   Combine with
potatoes and onions.
Pour enough corn oil into saute pan to cover bottom with about 1/16 inch
of oil. Heat to very hot but not smoking, and drop potato mixture into
oil by heaping tablespoons.   Immediately flatten them out, so the
pancakes are about 4 inches in diameter. Smaller sizes will burn. Try to
keep them neatly round. Fry until golden brown, flip and brown other
side. Drain on paper towels. Serve with applesauce or sour cream.
Makes 24 to 30 pancakes

Recipe from CAFE BEAUJOLAIS by Margaret S. Fox and John Bear

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted on Mondays.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.