Subject: Potato Cakes
From: "Helge Buddenborg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:22:38 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

> From: "P J & D Denny" <[email-masked]>
> Does anyone have a recipe for potato cakes - I'm sure they're made with
> mashed / pureed potatoes and egg - can't get it right!  Thanks.

This was one of my favourite foods when I was young. My Mom did most of the
cooking, but when it came to potato pancakes it was my Dad that made them.
Great with jam. When I saw your message I called my Dad and asked him how
there made, off course he didn't give me any measurements.

Potato Cakes

Grated Raw Potatoes
Couple eggs
Flour, use a small amount to absorb moisture
Salt

Mix together. Heat frying pan, use vegetable. oil,
Spoon in above mixture and cook

Guess what's for supper tonight?

Helge

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.