Subject: Best: Potato and Mushroom Strudel
From: "Kim" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Apr 1997 21:23:52 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

From: [email-masked] (Noah)
Looking for this recipe that used: phillo/phyllo pastry sheets that had
this mushroom type ingredient mixed within.  It has cream cheese (I think)
and something other ingredients.  Been looking for something that would
resemble the recipe.  Please help.  Thanks. 

Here is one you might want to try - Kim

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.05
 
      Title: Best: Potato and Mushroom Strudel
 Categories: Vegetables, Side dishes
      Yield: 4 Servings
 
      1 tb Butter
      1    Onion, sliced
      1    Garlic clove, minced
      1 c  Mushrooms, sliced
      4    Potatoes (=1 lb)
      1 tb Fresh thyme, chopped
      2 tb Water
    1/4 c  Parmesan, freshly grated
      1    Green onion, chopped
           Salt
           Pepper
      4    Phyllo pastry sheets
    1/4 c  Butter, melted.
 
  In large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; cook onion,
  garlic and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until
  softened and liquid has evaporated.
  
  Meanwhile, peel and cut potatoes into 1/4-inch dice to make about
  2-1/3 cups. Add to pan along with 2 ts of the thyme; cook, stirring,
  for 2 minutes.
  
  Add water; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are
  tender and golden. Remove pan from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and
  green onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
  
  Place 1 sheet of phyllo on work surface, keeping remaining phyllo
  covered with damp tea towel. Brush sheet with some of the melted
  butter. Layer remaining phyllo on top, brushing each sheet with
  butter.
  
  Spoon potato mixture over phyllo, leaving 2-inch border along 1 long
  side and 1-inch border at each short end. Starting at other long
  side, carefully roll up jelly roll-style, folding in edges while
  rolling. Place, seam side down, on greased baking sheet. Brush with
  butter.
  
  Bake in 400F 200C oven for 18-20 minutes or until crisp and golden.
  Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining thyme. Slice
  diagonally with serrated knife.
  
  Source: Canadian Living magazine, Apr 95 Presented in article by
  Elizabeth Baird: "Only The Best" Recipe by Canadian Living Test
  Kitchen
 
MMMMM

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.