Subject: Orange-Glazed Pork
From: "Dancer^" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 14:32:48 -0500
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Low-Fat Orange-Glazed Pork

1 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
vegetable cooking spray
1 cup water
1/4 cup honey
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ginger root, peeled grated
1 teaspoon grated orange rind
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
1 cup orange, sections

Trim fat from pork; place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray. Pour 1
cup water into a shallow roasting pan; place rack in pan. Combine honey
and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl, and brush over pork. Insert a meat
thermometer into the thickest part of pork. Bake at 400 deg for 30 minutes
or until meat thermometer registers 160 deg. Remove pork from rack; set
aside, and keep warm. Place cornstarch in a small saucepan. Gradually add
orange juice, blending with a wire whisk. Pour roasting pan drippings into
pan; bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, and gently stir
in orange sections. Cut pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Makes 6 servings.
 Calories  215  Fat  5 g  Carbs  18 g  Sodium  146 mg  Fiber  0 g.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.