Subject: Pork Scaloppine with Marsala & Mushrooms
From: [email-masked] (Sam Waring)
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 18:16:47 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

In article <[email-masked]>, Judy or Andrew said this about
that:

> I would like the recipe for Pork Tenderloin Marsala.  One which has a
> thickened gravy, and mushrooms.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: PORK SCALOPPINE WITH MARSALA & MUSHROOMS
 Categories: Pork, Italian
      Yield: 4 Servings

      1 lb Pork tenderloin; cut into
           -slices 1/4 to 1/2" thick
           Flour
      6 T  Clarified butter
      6 lg Mushroom; thinly sliced
      1    Shallot; minced
    2/3 c  Marsala
    1/3 c  Chicken stock
      2 T  Butter, unsalted; cut into
           -pieces
           Salt & pepper

  Place the pork slices between two sheets of plastic wrap. Flatten each
  piece to thickness of about 3/16". Dip the slices lightly in flour,
  shaking off the excess.

  Preheat the oven to 200 F. Heat half the clarified butter in a heavy
  large skillet over medium-high heat until it is hot but not brown.
  Add the pork to the skillet in batches so their sides do not touch
  and saut‚ them until golden, about two to three minutes per side; add
  butter as needed. Transfer to a platter and keep warm in the oven.
  Pour off all but about two tablespoons of butter from the skillet.
  Place over high heat, and add the mushrooms and shallot. Saut‚ until
  they begin to color. Blend in the Marsala and stock.

  Boil over high heat, scraping up any browned bits clinging to bottom
  of pan, until reduced by half. Remove from heat and add remaining
  butter, swirling until it is well blended and the sauce is slightly
  thickened. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Pour over the pork
  and serve.

MMMMM
--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article which is
now available on line: http://www.duke.edu/~tfdpress/rfrpost.html.
Recipes/articles go to [email-masked]; requests go to [email-masked];
questions/comments go to [email-masked]. Please allow several days
for your submission to appear.