Subject: Polenta
From: "Jody,Laurie & Jane" <[email-masked]>
Date: 30 Jun 1997 07:35:14 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Polenta

6 cup water
about 1 tsp. salt
2 cup polenta flour
3 tbs. butter [optional]
Grated or shredded cheese [parmesan,romano,fontina, or jack]

In large deep pan over high heat, bring water and salt to a boil;
gradully stir in polenta.  Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring
frequently to prevent sticking, until mixture is very thick [about 30
mins.]; use a long handled spoon because mixture pops and bubbles and
can burn you.  Stir in butter, if you wish, add salt, if needed.

Butter a deep medium size bowl.  Spoon polenta into bowl and let set for
10 mins.  Invert onto a flat plate; mixture will unmold and hold shape
of bowl.  Cut polenta into thick slices and serve hot, topped with more
butter and cheese.
Makes 8 to 10 servings. 

I have  cut this  recipe in half with no problem. 
 ....Jane

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.