Subject: Pineapple Salsa
From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: 6 Aug 1997 20:47:16 -0600
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

submitted by: [email-masked]

This is a recipe that I created, but that was inspired by the pineapple
salsa at Pappasito's, a Houston Mexican restaurant. It's good with ham,
spare ribs, or almost any form of pork. I have particularly enjoyed it
with baby back ribs or pork tenderloin, prepared with a rub heavy on
garlic
and smoked. Serve a rice pilaf and green salad on the side and it
becomes, IMHO, a meal fit for a queen.

I think any fruit--and perhaps even tomatoes--could be successfully
substituted for the pineapple. I am, in fact, going to try peaches this
afternoon, since I came back from Frederickburg, Texas yesterday with a
load of their wonderful peaches.

Pineapple Salsa

2 cup fresh pineapple, chopped
1/2 cup chopped red onion
2 Tbsp. minced jalapeno
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice
salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and chill until serving time.

The jalapeno measurement in this, as in all salsa recipes, is a matter
of individual taste. The amount shown is for what I would consider the
"average" palate. Since I'm a Texan, I might add a little (I said
LITTLE!) habanero pepper for a more complex flavor.

Bon appetit!

~~~
Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are accepted
for posting.  Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.  Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].  
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.