Subject: Pigeon with Mushrooms
From: [email-masked]
Date: 21 Nov 1999 09:04:57 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

PIGEON WITH MUSHROOMS-BRAISED

4 pigeons
crumbs
chopped fat pork
onion juice
salt and pepper
minced carrot
onion
celery
parsley
1 cup stock of butter and water
mushrooms
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. flour

Drain, wash and stuff pigeons with crumbs and chopped
fat pork, seasoned with onion juice, salt and pepper. Prepare
a bed of vegetables - minced carrot, onion, celery and parsley.
Lay the pigeons upon it; add stock of butter and water; cover
and cook gently 1 hour or until tender. Dish the birds and
keep hot; rub the gravy through a sieve into a saucepan.
Season to taste and add cut mushrooms. Simmer 5 minutes;
thicken with butter mixed with flour. Cook until smooth and
pour over the pigeons.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.