Subject: Pigeon Pie
From: "Traci & Jeff Poole" <[email-masked]>
Date: 20 Nov 1999 16:44:00 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Pigeon  Pie

6 small pigeons, dressed, washed, pat dry
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp onion, chopped
8 cloves
1 carrot, sliced
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
2 Tbsp celery, chopped
2 Tbsp flour
2 Pastry shells, uncooked

Tie legs and wings of the pigeons together with string and close to 
the body. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Melt 2 Tbsp butter in 
pan and saute pigeons. Searing them on both sides. Cover them with 
water. Add onion, carrot, parsley, cloves, and celery. Cover and 
simmer until tender. **About 3 hours**  Remove the pigeons and debone 
it. Mix flour to a smooth paste with remaining butter. Add this 
mixture to the broth of the pigeons. Bring to a boil. Line a well 
greased pie pan with 1 shell. Add the meat and then the thickened 
broth. Cover it with the other pastry shell. Bake at 450* until nice 
and brown.

Serves 6

Visit Sunday Living for recipes, tips, and menues!
http://www.geocities.com/~sundayliving

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.