Subject: Pierogis Dough
From: [email-masked] (JANIC412)
Date: 01 Aug 99 21:03:20 CDT
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Dough for Pierogis

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg, beaten
2/3 cups lukewarm water
1 TBS. oil

Throughly flour a large bread board or table surface. Mix salt into
flour and mound on board, making a well in the mound. Pour the
beaten egg into the well.  Work in as much flour as possible. Add
the water, about 3 TBS. at a time working it in throughly. Add the
oil with the last addition of water. The dough should be stiff at
this point. If it is too stiff to blend, add a little more water.
When the dough begins to clear the board, it is ready to knead.
With the heels of your hands, applying your weight, push down and
forward into the dough. Double it over, give it a quarter turn and
then repeat. Knead it throughly for 10 minutes or more until dough
feels elastic and silky. Shape into a ball and let it rest under
a  overturned bowl. It will relax and soften in about 15 minutes.
If you must leave it longer, cover with plastic wrap to prevent a
skin from forming but do not refrigerate. Roll out very thin and
cut into circles. Fill with your choice of fillings. Cook in boiling,
salted water for a few minutes, remove from pot, drain then serve.