Subject: Pickles with No Salt
From: [email-masked]
Date: 18 Jan 2000 03:26:39 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

Pickles with No Salt
CUCUMBER CHIPS

cucumbers
1 qt. vinegar
8 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. soda
2 Tbsp. pickling spices, tied in cheesecloth

Wash cucumbers. Put in deep container. Cover with
boiling water (no salt). Drain and pour boiling water for 3
days. On 5th day drain and slice in 1/4-inch slices. If any
are soft, throw away. Boil vinegar, sugar, soda and pickling
spices and pour over cucumbers for 4 days. On the 9th day
pack pickles in sterilized jars. Heat vinegar mixture to boil
and pour in jars and seal.

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.