Subject: Peruvian Potato Salad
From: [email-masked]
Date: 9 Jan 2000 07:15:03 -0700
Newsgroups: rec.food.recipes

>Does anyone have a place to find a simple Peruvian type recipe?  Maybe
>a soup or something inexpensive.  My 12 year old has to make something
>for a class of about 28 and I'm not sure where  to look.

*  Exported from  MasterCook  *

Peruvian Potato Salad

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 6    Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Salads                           Ethnic

Amount          Measure         Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------        ------------    --------------------------------
1               small           Onion -- thinly sliced & Separated into rings
3               tablespoons     Lemon juice
1/2             teaspoon        Salt
1/8             teaspoon        Ground red pepper
1 1/2   pounds          New potatoes
2               packages        (3 oz each) cream cheese Softened and cut into 
1/2 Inch cubes
1/2             cup             Half and Half
2               small           Serrano chilies -- seeded & Finely chopped
1/4             teaspoon        Salt
1/4             teaspoon        Ground turmeric
                                Bibb lettuce leaves
12                              Greek olives
3                               Hard-cooked eggs -- peeled * Cut into fourths

Mix onion, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt and the red pepper; cover and
reserve.
Heat 1 inch salt water (1 tsp salt to 1 cup water) to boiling. Add
potatoes.
Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and cook until tender, 20-25
minutes; drain and cool. Pare potatoes; cut into fourths. Heat cream
cheese, half& half, chilies, 1/4 tsp salt, and the turmeric over low
heat,
stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth, 10-12 minutes. Arrange
potatoes on lettuce leaves. Spoon cheese mixture over potatoes. Drain
onion; arrange on cheese and potatoes. Garnish with olives and eggs.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

--
~~Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are 
accepted for posting.  Please read the FAQ posted weekly Recipes/requests
go to [email-masked]; questions/comments to [email-masked].
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.